CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Commitment

.

I cleaned up my kitchen. I had so many loose hairs in my nape area that it just got to the point that trying to combine them was a practice in futility. When I wear an up-do the fly-away stubborn loose hair that refuse to join with the others would just curl up and laugh at me when I'd try and brush them into place. They had to go!

Funny thing is, they where actually long enough to twist or braid but because they where so soft str8t and thin, they would never hold any type of form.

I have also decided to twist the front while I continue to latch the back. Maybe it's a phase but I like the way it works for me right now

I will be finished with school in May 2009! I have decided with my family's support that I will continue on to the next level. I have also decided it was time for me to get my self back to physical fitness. I am healthy in that I have none of the ailments that run rampid in my family like HBP, heart disease, diabetes and obesity, but I know if I don't start working my heart, I may get myself in trouble. I used to take Karate to keep me active but because I spend so much time at work and in school, I have not focused on my body as of late.

There are spurts when I decide to take the stairs at work and park further away at stores and at work, but I need to quit play'n and really start working out again. I feel tired a lot and I hate that.

So my goal is to create a regular work out regimen for myself. Something I know I can stick to. I love walking out side but the reality is, it's about to get cold and I know I will not have my self out there trying to walk in the winter Mid-west weather... and that's real. So I will be going to my local community center to sign up.

Although the plan is just to get back in shape in general, I do have a goal in mind. After reaching that goal I will continue my regimen just to maintain and stay in shape. It's all about healthy habits. I don't do diets. My eating habits are fine (except those dang break-n-bake cookies I love so much) so I know it's a matter of being more active and burning more calories than I put in.

Along with my lock journey, I will be sharing my journey back to physical fitness.
______________________________________

Day 1:

Forced myself out of bed. I usually just lounge until like 11:00 am or 12:00. I know I can do better than that. I figure if I just get up, stretch, and walk for 20 to 30 min, that would be a good start... So here I go!

Later that day:

So I got up and put on the sweats, stretched while watching Clean House than left out to go to the community center. I let my purse at home so I wouldn't have to worry about putting putting it in one of those lockers and wouldn't you know it, I got there and they said I needed to renew. Of course, since I didn't have my purse, I didn't have proof of residence so I had to high-tail-it right back home.

By the time I get back home, I'm starting to loose motivation. But, I push forward. I get back to the center, re-new my membership and enter the weight room. Now I'm motivated again! Put on my MP3 w/ my fav music and do 30 min on the tred. Feels good.

I'm surprised that I'm not all winded after my 30(guess taking the stairs helped) so I move on to the weights and spend about 15 to 20 min there. Day one is going great so far. Let's see what Day 2 holds.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, just wanted to drop a line. :)

I'm in the middle of another retightening. {and my marriage 6th anniversary}

Take care~

Anonymous said...

Great Job!!!

Naturally Sophia said...

Your locks look fabulous and congrats on your journey. I am undertaking a similar wholistic health goal. Be well!

The Real Nique said...

Your hair is very nice! I really like your journey. From the beginning to now you show the changes with the braidlocks. Your hair is beautiful.

~malaikablu~ said...

@ queenli: Congrats on your Anni!

@ meikmeika: TY!

@ naturally sophia: Wish me luck... the goal is to stick to it and create better habits.

@ The real nique: I'm glad you like what I have shared so far. My purpose is to show the transformation of very thin/fine hair in to locks.