CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Looks Like Locks!


It's been a min.
Life's busy... of course.
Eldest daughter is preparing for higher learning (whered the time go?).
Youngest is preparing for kindergarten (yay! no more day care $$!)
Son is taking up the trombone (mo $$, but yay!)
Being a "boss" at work is challenging and nerve wrecking... but I like the challenging part ;-).
Luv being in school but I'm ready to be done so I can move on to my next venture.

My locks are finally starting to look like locks now.
I love them of course but I honestly get frustrated with the length from time to time as of late. I just want to be able to pull them into a pony and call it a day. I have a goal length in mind(shoulder length), and I know I'm not far from it... The journey is never ending.
I haven't dyed my roots in a while or latched... maybe some pampering time is just what I need right now to boost my spirits... and maybe a new blouse too ;-)

Be back with more pics soon.
____________________________

Tag.. I'm it!

Rules:
Link the person/people that tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog
Share 6 non important things/habits/quirks about yourself

Tagger: http://happilynappilynish.blogspot.com/

I'll try to make this diff from that last...
1. I would never consider my self a "fan" of any one but I am really digg'n Rahsaan Patterson! His voice is just devine IMO!
2. Since I have 5 children, I have no desire to be around babies right now.
3. I have two personalities.. one public (social) and one private (anti-social).
4. The real me is very anti-social ;-)
5. The older I get, the more things I become allergic to.
6. I luv myself in general, but I don't like how small my ankles are.

It may be a while before I tag others...

9 comments:

NappiNish said...

small ankles eh ? :) Locs are coming along very lovely. I'm jonesin for shoulder length locs as well....*uggh* the struggle continues...

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Great to hear your good news w/children.. Your locks look nice, very Nice!
What you said about the ponytail is my no. 1 reason for my ext. {at this time}. This Tue. will be one year, but I'm still waiting on $$ to show new pics/update my blog... Take Care~

Maryee said...

Cool tag post. I love my length, but miss my hair at the length yours is. I had more fun with styling at that stage. When the ponytail season comes, I'm curious to know what you think about it. Continue enjoying the journey!!!! And congrats on your kids accomplishments!!

~malaikablu~ said...

@ happilynappilynish: yeah.. my ankles *sigh* it's been that way since child hood, that's one reason why I steer away from dresses.

@ queenli: TY! I'm still following you ;-)

@ maryee: Thanks for dropping by. Your prolly right about when I do reach the point where I can do a pony... I'm still enjoying the journey. There are days where I'm totally cool then there are days that I just want it away from my face. But alas, what matters is the right here and now.

KnottyAuthor said...

love your locks! no more braids!
congrats on ur babies!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I saw your pic on NP {your "Avatar"} did you cut off your locks? or is that an older pic of you? just wanted to know...

Take Care~

~malaikablu~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~malaikablu~ said...

@ Queenly: The avatar on Np is a "vintage" pic ;-) If it can be helped, I will never cut my locs... off.

@ cheleski: TY sis. I'm looking forward to how they will look a year or two from now... they are still transforming.

anthia-ofo said...

You have 5 kids? Aaah, a kindred spirit.