CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 13, 2007

To be... or knot to be...

I am sooooooo bored with my hair right now!

This is currently my signature style:
The bantu knot-out

When I had locks the first go round, I used to wear head-wraps very often. Now I don't.... I just don't care for them much any more for myself. I am seriously considering putting extension over the braids... blasphemy I know... but who cares It's my darn hair.
Right now I have no clue if I'm actually gunna do it or not... just that I have given it some thought. Better than thinking of cutting them right? That, is not even an option! I'll post pics if I do it... stay tuned ;-)

In other news:
I have always believed the adage that "nothing is written in stone" when it comes to $$, so I have no problem haggling. I'm a thrifty gal so I will purposely try to find a garment with a flaw so I can negotiate a lessor price (these are my confessions yall! LOL). Anywho... so I am currently town house hunting, and the process has just been terrible! Well... I found one that I fell in luv with. It had 'Malaika' written all over it and the perfect school district (which is the main factor in moving since my eldest will be entering college in a couple years), but it was very pricey, so of course being the cheapo that I am, I shopped around a bit more. I found a second town-home, which was almost as nice. School dist, was ok. Not as nice as the first neighborhood offered but better than our current dist (plus this one had a fire place).

So here's where things start to stress me out. While I was "shopping" around for a possible better price, the first town house was leased. Bummer! I decide to go on and grab the second choice, because I didn't want to loose that option and others weren't looking up to my standards... So all is well right? So I thought. I put down a deposit, was given a move-in date, transferred my utilities, packed boxes, etc... The wheels where turning and we where all looking forward to the move. I get a call at the last min, on a Sunday no less, stating that there was a problem. It happens that the gentleman, who was scheduled to move out, decided to sign up for a month-to-month until his closing date on his new home. WTH?! So I was left in limbo.

I was very up-set to say the least, but held my composure. This meant that my children, whome I had already transfered where also in limbo and school was about to start. Meanwhile... I decided to check back with town house #1, just to see if there was a remote possibility they had something becoming available soon... indeed they did! I'm happy and feeling pretty blessed.

Today, I receive a phone call from the place that had me in limbo, saying "we have your full refund and just wanted to let you know that we have something for you now." This comes after almost 3 weeks. Ok, so here's definite proof that I am the worlds thriftiest person (maybe). I haggle. LOL Darn right! I asked if they would give me a better price than what I was getting since it was there fault that I was forced to go looking for another any way. The young lady on the other end of the phone sounded turned off by my suggestion. I simply told her to relay my offer to the management and get back to me. Less than an hour later, she called back with "sorry, we can't do that." Oh well... can't say I didn't try. And to be honest, the fact that they wouldn't work with me turned me off even more, since it was there incompetence IMO, that caused me to have to go look for another place, not to mention I would have lost money if I had switched back to them.

It all worked out in the end.

Moral of story?... Take what you will from it ;-)

4 comments:

Maryee said...

I love your hair color. I had a bantu knot style but I guess I wrapped them too tight. they came out squiggly instead of curly. I'll be posting them soon. Nice blog. Keep blogging.

KnottyAuthor said...

hmmm sounds like drama. Trust that this is working for your good. The inconveniences that are getting thrown my way are manifesting into blessings. Know that this temporary inconvenience is YOUR blessing from that loud neighbor, little critters or whatever could have plagued you at that place and you are being lead to where your blessing is.

oh, and i do understand the hair thing. like ive posted months 2-6 drove me nuts and i did not like the braids 2 much. The best thing was to get them out of my face , so i understand wanting length so you can do that- i do love the bantu look, as well,though. right now, i'm not please and have taken to wearing them out of my face, up and away, down in back. I promised to let this be my style for a few months because the braided part vs the locked part is rather bothering me right now.

have a blessed day. im sending pos.vibes out to ya!

~malaikablu~ said...

Hey maryee! Thanks for dropping by!

cheleski68, you know you my on-line buddy... thanks for sending out the positives vibes! :-)

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that you are not alone! I too, have been thinking about a braid extension, but it is not really for me, but the nature of my job/family got me thinking this way.

Take care~