Nothing... I mean nothing, compares to the love of a child!
I am filled even at this moment with emotion when I think about how much love we have for each other.
When folks find out I have 5 children they are always in disbelief. The comments usually range from "you don't look like you have 5 children" to "that must be hard"...
I have to honestly say, it hasn't been hard because of the number but because of the struggles that come in life weather you have children or not. Especially the personal trials and tribulations necessary for growth. Since I have a habit of isolating myself when I am going through things, that is very hard on the children, so I have had to work really hard at coming out of that for their sake (as well as my own).
They have been my saving grace over and over. They keep me strong. They make me want to be a better person. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not aware that I am their first teacher and role model. I take that job very seriously! In the process of raising them, I have learned plenty from them... from my 16 year old to my 3 year old. They each have bits and pieces of my personality, which is funny and scary to witness.
The above pic is pretty old. All my daughters are natural (thank God). I did go through a period (temporary insanity) where I thought a relaxer would make things easier for me... and them. Boy, was a wrong! When I made that horrible decision, my eldest was 13 and next to her was 12 so the beautician stated this was the perfect time for them to get a chemical relaxer. She wouldn't do it under the age 12. That lasted all of 1 year, then I decided, I had made a mistake. Although it had only been a year, it was difficult to have them return back to natural hair. My now 12 year old never got a relaxer, so she has always been natural, but the eldest two got a chance to see the damage those chemicals can cause.
To help them make their transition smoother, I told them they could transition as long as they wanted and with what ever method they wanted. They where in micro braids and two-strand extension for the whole time. ultimately, they decided when they wanted to do the BC, but they knew going back str8t wasn't an option.
I think it has been a learning experience for us all. If they decide to try a relaxer again in the future, at least it will be an informed decision. One of them wants to loc again but try smaller locs and the eldest is just now getting used to styling her own natural hair and trying "funky" styles. LOL
All in all... I am proud of my family. When we sit together on Sundays and eat dinner, I feel very blessed to say the least!



Women Who Run Their Lives
1 year ago



5 comments:
i cant c the pic at the top..it may be my computer. your girls are beautiful!!! you are blessed and you know the BEST part? You recognize the blessing! thankyou. as i am home during one of my many seasons, looking for employment this post has blessed me. i am a recluse as well- i've been trying to retreat to myself and my dh has been going off on me for not talking. as he says 'im talking in my head again'lol!!! i try as well, but when i need time to think, that's what happens. anywho, your girls are beautiful!
ok, i see them ALL-they are beautiful!!! the boys are very handsome!!! you're such a good mommy!
I enjoyed your blog and what a beautiful family you have.
Thank you cheleski68 and chosen vessel!
Your children are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!!!
Post a Comment