CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 2, 2007

For the luv of all things nappy!

Greetings all!


This blog has been a long time coming. I started setting it up a few months ago, but because I already have blog elswhere and a fotki account, I felt like starting this one would be kinda over-kill. Talk about over exposure LOL! Non-the-less, here I am... writing.

Quick back ground:
<
I had locs several years ago that where started with comb coils. I held on to them for about 5 years and luved them so! As with many woman, I longed for change and grew bored with them so I decided to cut them at the halfway ponit and comb the rest out. Trust me, I regretted every day after I cut them.




Fast forward to the here and now... I wore my loose napps for about 2 years, then decided it was time again. I always knew I would return back to locs, it was just a matter of time. I enjoyed my fro alot and still miss it from time to time, but I don't regret for a single minute my desicion to return to locs!

The method I chose this time was braidlocz, thanks to this blog community. I started off really wanting sister locs. They where my first choice when I began thinking about locing again. Why didn't I stick with the sister locs you ask? Well... I am a very thrifty sistah, I am never comfortable with someone else being in my head, and I get a HUGE amount of gratification from doing it myself :^)

I am now in month 2 of my new journey.
I will discuss the diffrences in the two journeys a bit later. I am luving my hair and wouldn't change it for the world (although a lil more thickness wouldn't hurt).

Couple comparison shots:



Till next time!

4 comments:

KnottyAuthor said...

KOOL! nice to 'see' you in Blogspot! i'll be lurking!

KnottyAuthor said...

a mom of 5! wowowowow! congratulations.you must have the patience of JOB!

~malaikablu~ said...

Hey cheleski68! Thanks for dropping by. Yep, 5 and wouldn't have it any other way :^)

Saabira said...

"I am a very thrifty sistah, I am never comfortable with someone else being in my head, and I get a HUGE amount of gratification from doing it myself :^)"...... I am so with you on this statement.