CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Shhh... Play'n hooky

I have been through a lot of changes recently... perhaps more about that later. I am in the process of relocating and the process is nothing less than stressful. My children always pick up on my spirit.

I have taught myself how to function well under times of stress... but some days you just need a min to stop and breath. I have to be in front of a class everyday, and I lecture them constantly about how stead-fast they must be in order to be successful. I loath excuses (a teacher from my high school days used to say "excuses are the tools of incompetence and those who use them seldom amount to anything") I agree with that quote wholeheartedly, although I used to hate it when he said it at my expense!

Today, I got to work and just couldn't focus. Couldn't push myself to be the kind professional, patient person I usually am with my students, so I decided to go back home. It was very early so no one had entered my class yet. Long story short... I handed my lesson plan to the person who would take my place and high-tailed it home with little explanation.

As soon as I got there, I went straight to my computer to find out what me and the children could do. It is sweltering here (100 degrees) so what ever I was going to do had to be before it got too hot. I decided we where going to the Botanical Gardens. Although the temp was steadily climbing, we had so much fun! I don't regret for a min taking the morning off to spend time with my family. It was in fact, just what the doctor ordered, because when it was time for my evening class, I was refreshed and ready to go!







When was the last time you played hooky? ;^)

2 comments:

KnottyAuthor said...

well well well. thanks for the hit back and the support. I'll keep you posted on the pics!

i cant believe you didnt tell me about YOUR relocation.you know how bumbed out i've been ALL year. since my dh relocated in Jan. i was a mess. showing up at work disoriented, fragmented and distant. i felt like i was constantly having an outer body experience. so i know what you mean, oh so well.

relocation is not easy. we are in a rental home-and it's still unsettling . nice home,but it's not mine. mine did FINALLY sell 2 weeks ago..but the market sucks and we're coming outta our pockets.

I was the trainer for the whole state with my co.-had to turn that over and train others, had to give back my car and on and on.

i say this to say-we have more in common that i thought. shoot, i may just have to get your number so there's someone that can relate. i'm a couple of steps ahead so with time, i'll be able to encourage and uplift. it's getting better-but my attitude has been bad lately and I'm praying on it and it's getting better.

Me and the boyz went to the pool yesterday. i played in the water with them and had a ball. i think that will help alot, to have fun and not just be the overseer.

i'm glad you found your relief and I encourage you to stay focused, grounded and write down what needs to be done and systematically handle your business. it will help to clear the fog from your brain.

~malaikablu~ said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I really appreciate it! (yeah.. we may just have to exchange info cause not too many other folks know my situation yet, so it would be cool to chat about it sometimes)