CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

TMI and Completion

Here I sit, with conditioner in my hair with a plastic bag over my head, watching
Y&R, eating my 15 year old daughters (who's a fab cook BTW) corn bread-baked chili which is a bottom layer of corn bread, next layer of vegetarian chili w/corn mixed in and then a top layer of corn bread... yum, yum!

I have pretty much been lounging around my home all day taking care of business over the phone and doing assignments in my on-line class, doing every thing I can to avoid going out in public. Why? because I have this horrid cold sore. Yep, I said it! As the title suggest, this is totally "too much information" but it's what I feel like blogging about. Woe is me.

I had to leave out once to drop off my eldest to her job (wow, that's sounds weird know that I can see it in black and white... never thought I'd get to the point where I could say "drop my daughter off at work). As I drove her to work, I saw little kiddies gawking at my band aid and it infuriated me! I know it's so silly but I'm really freaking self conscious about this thing.

Any one that can actually admit that they have to tackle with a cold sore knows exactly what I mean. So, while I sit here and pity my self eating comfort food and waiting to wash the conditioner out of my hair, I am reflecting on my being a student again.

I am completing my BA in education (finally) and am unsure of what I really want to do with it. All I know right now is that it is very important to me to complete it. Ever feel that way? Well, so far it is very fulfilling and I am enjoying the challenge, and trust me, it is a challenge sometimes. But I have no complaints. Regardless of what will come of it, I am glad my children see me going through it and doing well. I can only hope I am inspiring them, because they are one of main inspirations to continue on... that and completing something I started so long ago.




What have you started but haven't completed yet?
________________________________________________

~9 Months~




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That chili sounds fantastic!!!

Cold sores are the worst and I would be doing the same as you. I'm sure the kids thought the band-aid was cool and different. Atleast, that's what I would tell myself.

I'm more than sure you are inspiring your children in pursuing and finishing your BA in Education.

~malaikablu~ said...

Thanks for the encouragement meikmeika!

Anonymous said...

Braids looking more like locks, nice, very Nice! :)

Take Care~

P.S. Stay tuned to my updates coming this APR.

~malaikablu~ said...

Will do queenli!

SeZ said...

That was a personal post indeed but it has to be said cause some do get them and I'm sure they are pain. Just remeber you are not the first and won't be the last to get one.
Your hair is cute on you by the way.

KnottyAuthor said...

dont be shamed. i understand. acne at 40 has been turning me into an introvert.i wanted to put bandaids on so many days. so, what online degree are you going for? I want another one as well, in a field with stability-unfortunately we dont value scientists and salespeople are a dime a dozen...