CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

~Month 10~

So much to share... where shall I begin?

Greetings! (that's always a good place to start right?)

It has been a fruitful journey so far and I anticipate that it will continue to be. My routine for my BLs has remained the same pretty much since day one:

1. I wash every weekend and do a deep condition for no less than an hour. (plastic bag, no heat)
2. I moisturize with evoo after each wash. Sometimes alternate w/ castor oil.
3. I spritz through-out the week with a mixture of water or aloe vera juice and eo's.
4. I latch when I feel the need. Don't have a certain amount of weeks in-between any more. I just let my locks tell me what they need.
5. Every now and then, I style with rollers. lately I have been experimenting with a basket weave... I'll get it right eventually!

This has worked wonderfully for me! My locks stay soft, pliable, smelling good and moisturized. I love the simplicity of it. I have clipped some locks in the back again. I want to maintain a certain shape (layered) with my locks and since certain areas grow faster than others, I pay close attention and choose very carefully which ones to clip.

I love doing it myself. I can't imagine going to anyone to do anything to my locks. I enjoy everything about being a DIYer from washing and conditioning to latching... yes I wrote latching. LOL I don't see it as a burden because it give me the results I like and I don't try to do it all in one sitting. If there where anything I would say that I would change about my journey, that would be to have started earlier! ;^)









OK, so even though I am pretty consistent with my routine, there are times that I try new things and sometimes they work (new things) and sometimes... well, let me show you:

I tried some Lotta body setting lotion with the above roller set and although I have used it b4 when my napps where loose, this time my skin didn't like it!

This pic shows how my locks brush against my face and the other pic is the result of the setting lotion and my hair brushing against my face. :^(


Well... lesson learned for sure! Clearly next time I shouldn't let my hair touch my face when I use the settig lotion... or was it don't use the lotion?

10 comments:

Saabira said...

I read your blog from the beginning and I must say that I really enjoyed reading it. I will definitely save your blog and continue to check in for updates.

~malaikablu~ said...

@ saabira: thanks for dropping by. I'll be following your journey as well.

Anonymous said...

Your locks look perfect and I love the pic of your hair up,in the back, tremendously.

I'm trying to become a true DIYer as well and I'm very grateful to have blogs to visit like yours, to show me that it's being done and the results are beautiful.

~malaikablu~ said...

Thank you for your kind words meikmeika! I love not having to depend on anyone else to take care of my locks. Like you, I have learned a great deal from visiting other blogs. I'm grateful to have access to all this info.

Lakia said...

lovin' the updo.

Taz said...

Wow your styles are really CUTE, looking at your blog makes me want to attempt the DIY thingy. I especially love yor updo I was considering trying to do something similar but kinda got lost as to what to do with the top I'm such a "freestyler" trying to change my ways...thanks for the inspiration :)

~malaikablu~ said...

TY Lakia!
~
@ taz: Just play around with your locks, you may just find the more you play, the more chance you have at actually doing a style yourself... cause hey, nothing beats a failure like a try right? And you are more than welcome.

SeZ said...

Your locks look good.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your locks are beautiful and I love the styles! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I should be sleeping right now, but instead I am a little more than 1/2 way through braiding my hair on my way to braidlocs. I will have to redo 1/4 of it because I think I've made them too big. :(

Anyway, I have been looking for someone who went the braiding route, to see pictures, what you did, etc. I'm very excited, and yet completely terrified to be doing this so ALONE. hehe

Thanks for sharing your words, your pics and your journey! (sorry for the long comment)