My, how things have changed!
I haven't blogged here in a while but I'm back. Since I last posted here, I have relocated (work & home), started school (doing great!)and am on a journey to reconciliation (more about that later... perhaps).
Things are still going well with my locs. Nothing new under the sun though. I did have the pleasure of starting my eldest sisters locs. I even styled them for once and it was sooo cute! It was hillarious how confused she was about how to wash them... I simply told her "err.. umm... you just wash um like normal hair girlie! LOL" It's been cool watching her journey and helping too. I started hers with small braids like mine, and they actually look just like mine.
Well... Don't have any pics right now, but I will in a few weeks. Stay tuned.
Women Who Run Their Lives
1 year ago



5 comments:
I can't wait to see your pix...that rollerset down there in your Sept post is fierce!
Thank you Tamara!
hi I AM NEARLY COMPLETELY BALD AT THE MOMENT if I hadknown about sister locks or what you have I wouldnot have cut off my lovely afro people used to stop me in the street and comlement me said i looked like that woman in the 60's flick you know I cant think of her name at the moment but it was probably superfly or one of those black movies we used to watch here in london. anyways, my hair is so short now that I will have to wait until the end of the year for it to grow a couple of inches as since I started the menopause it has been growing really slowly I picked up somethin you said about starting a blog i would like to strart one called the mad jamaican woman and I am also interested in doing my own hair I been researching sister locks and natural hair style I always been a natural girl at heart alsthough like most of us we have given in to the dreaded perm but I haVENT PERMED SINCE i CUT OFF MY LOCKS TO ATTEND MY BROTHERS WEDDING IN 1995 AFTER HE WAS SCREWING ABOUT MY HAIR AND i STILL AT THAT TIME THOUGHT my BROTHERS OPINION AND APPROVAL WAS MORE IMPORTANT TO ME THAN LIVE ITSELF anyways please tell me about this bradloz system and tell me how in isis's name is one able to crochet the back of their head with what looks to me like a rug needle i bought one from sally's here in london for 99p and am still figurung out how to use it on the head of a barbie doll i picked up from my local cancer research charity shop one love chris
HEY THERE
this is really cute ususally when I try to leave a post I never see anything printed back at me girl let me tell you about the hair problems jouneys turbulence I dont know where to begin I had a bad time just before christmas when a sister from the continent of nigeria she owns a shop in the neighbourhood I went ther to get my hair dyed and to get some braiding for some peeps I was with and although I never realised it at the time until I started on her researching natual har and sister locks I mean I WAS ALWAYS RESEARCHING NATURAL HAIR BUT NOW i AM GOING DEEPER AND SINCE FINDING SISTER LOCKS WEBSITES AND OTHER NATURAL HAIRS i KNOW i am on the right path now plus a few more messages that the god within me had been pushing me towards loving myself and accepting myself in every possible way and the 'sign' I got when I saw the asian shop keeper ready to pull of the dutty ponytaial he mistakenly thought we had stolen in the middle of the market in the end I told the person I was with that it was a sign from our ancestors to ditch the dutty ponytail and all that straight hair she had her hair in braids in a up style and we had to search and search for a ponytaials in the end we found this little red number kind of shirley tremple curl I didnt like it but she was adamant that is what she wanted something that was going to move and sway in the wind you know that kind of teenage fantasy so having got the canerows done and not liking the ponytail that she had we had to get up early one sunday morning out of my bed to go to the market to hunt down a pony tail when she found the pony tail she liked she decided she did not want to leave the shop without the pony tail on her head we payed for the pony tail and then went towards an area where there was a mirror to secure the pony tail some other asian man who was trying to make a pass at her we ignored him waited until we left the shop and he and another man came to comfront us saying we hadnt payed for the ponytail and you could see this man was about to assault us by attemppting to pull the pony tail off her head wE were so embarrassed but my ancestor she was looking down on me and saying make this be a lesson to you love yourself these people hate and despise you and you are there trying to look like them they have seen your weakness the shop actually displayed a no refund policy but I demanded they take back their ponytail and refund my money which they did cause they could see I wasnt joking THEN WE DECIDED ONLY TO DEAL WITH AFRICAN SHOP KEEPERS UNTIL WE MET THIS ONE AND SHE WAS WORSE SHE ACTUALLY HATED US BECAUSE WE WERE ALL NATURAL AND EVEN THOUGH WE WERE SPENDING OVER A LOT FOR THE BRAIDING AND THE DYING SHE COULD SEE THAT i WAS WISE AND LOVED MYSELF BECAUSE ALL OF US IN THE FAMILY IS NATURAL i MAY BE SHORT AND GO TO THE BARBERS BUT WE ARE ARE NATURAL AND SHE WAS TRYING TO MAKE US FEEL FREAKY BECAUSE WE CHOOSE TO GO NATURAL THIS HAPPENED AT XMAS AND SINCE THEN MY FAMILY WE HAVE FOUND A NATRUAL HAIRDRESSER THAT DONT DO NO PERMS OR EXTENSIONS AND WHEN WE GO THERE WE FEEL SO AT HOME AND ANOTHER IN MY FAMILY IS LEARING IN A NATUAL HAIR SHOP TO DO HAIR THANK YOU ANCESTORS THANK YOU BLACK AMERICA PLEASE KEEP SHOWING US HOW TO LOVE OURSELVES JAMAICAN WOMAN FROM BRIXTON
HIA AGAIN
i guess I liked your picture while I was browsing and of all the sories I been reading yours seems more down to earth you know the fact that you choose to do your hair yourself and succeeded is a very admirable thing I dont actually live in brixton but I live near enough to be influenced by the rhythm of it and to feel part of it anyway just because you dont live in brooklyn or ney york dont mean you cant feel things I really have issues though with the weave and the way it is taking over to the point where the men them dont think you are fully dressed unless they see a african woman in one oNE MAN A GREENGROCER i say hello to we were talking over the christmas period he said he like me and wanted to take me out over the christmas then he called me to one side and whispered in my ear ...but what you going to do with your hair cause as I said I got a 'man' haircut now and I guesss in his fantasy he dont want to be rolling with no bald head woman inna bed. needless to say the date did not take place and I already marked him down as a 'no contest..no intellect...can't see beyond the weave. probably never read a book in his life boother from hell........needless to say I spent the beastmas on my own sipping off a whole bottle of overproofed jamaican rum and having the internet for company.
Post a Comment