CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

30 Something

What I have learned:

Relationships are important... knowing how to maintain them is equally important.

What people do carries more weight than what they say.

When you love yourself... I mean truly love yourself, others will follow suite.

Quality is better than quantity.

If it doesn't fit... well, you know the rest!

I read, retain information and study better alone. Not a group person.

I'm an introvert with extrovert capabilities... and that's perfectly fine.

It's not easy being green... it's even harder being black.

No one owes me a darn thing!

Work smart... not hard. (works for me)

I was born to teach.

I'm attracted and intelligence. (I break for nerds)

I don't understand why but... I don't tend to care what others think.

My fav colors are the colors of Fall.

I'm a healthy size 12 and have no plans to change it... why should I?

I will always love junk foods.. .even after 15 years of being a vegetarian.

I will always luv my first love.

I'm never too old to learn.

Titles mean nothing to me. It's all about the person behind the title.

I except that I'm not great at math...but ask me any English or History question.

I love to laugh but I am in no way silly or goofy.

I'm always perceived as being too serious... I did mention I love to laugh right?

In my home I run a dictatorship. Period.

There are some things I will not compromise on. (no swine comes through my door and I will not allow my daughters to relax their napps) But I am flexible on others things ;-)

Just because I have undying love for my people doesn't mean I love some of our ignorant ways! (Lawd hammercy!)


What have you learned?

5 comments:

KnottyAuthor said...

i've learned that everyone is at a different level of understanding and enlightenment and not one is better than the other...they're just what they are.

ive learned that i'm a leader and i dont care if people like me. i prefer for you to respect me.

ive learned that alot of food upsets my stomach, so i have to make wise choices or imma pay for it.

Maryee said...

Thanks for sharing you 30 Something list. I need to do one myself.

~malaikablu~ said...

Your welcome Maryee.

Cheleski68 I prefer respect too... we are more alike than we realize!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I just turned 30 on December 9th and I tell you I feel so much more wiser than I did a year ago. Experience is a beautyful teacher.

mscocontxus said...

Nice.

I've learned its ok to BE ME and I make no excuses for myself. I am who I am & I don't need for you to like me.

I've learned that sometimes its best to not say anything at all.

I've learned that noone owes me anything, it is I that owes myself. Hope that makes sense.