CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

To My Best Friend & Mentor...


My Homage to You.

...Many ask when they see the picture above, "what or who has you smiling so genuinely in that picture?" My response is always "the Prince behind the lens."

There have been many friends in my life, but none will ever compare to you.

You are my mentor and my inspiration. The constant voice in my head prompting me to do and be better.

I knew from the day I met you that you where special and served a special purpose to our people.

Everything I experienced while in your presence is now and 4ever touched with an aura.

I will never 4get Marrietta. I will never 4get the need for new boots. I will never 4get group meetings and navy bean dip. I will never 4get hoodies with Kente lining and a Kufe that barely fit. (*smile*) I will never 4get my first viewing of Khalid Muhammad on tape. I will never 4get the purchase of a guitar. I will never 4get rent being paid and Sunday meals at Soul Vegetarian. I will never 4get plastic on a toilet seat. I will never 4get the buying of diapers. I will never 4get Kinkos. I will never 4get the presentation of beautiful dresses on a balcony. I will never 4get "Strong enough for a man... but made for a woman." I will never 4get a blue car! I will never 4get a daughter, long drives, sacrifices, tears and pain.

I will never 4get I owe you... but for now, this is my homage to you.

Love always,

~Malaika

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

COLOR

I always use the same color product every time because I have never had a bad experience with it to date and I am always pleased with the results... so why change? I am always careful to keep my locs moisturized to keep them from over drying, by spritzing daily and deep conditioning every week.

Every time I color, I leave the back dark. I kinda like the contrast with top light and back darker. Also my locs are purposely bigger in the back because it was much thinner back there and more curly.

0 comments: